Tuesday 11 June 2019

And An Important Letter

Dear Future Hubby,

I know what we have been through in a very short span of time. Feeling scared of marriage? Trust me, I am shit scared as well.
I remember that childhood was the only time when I wanted to get married, the time when marriage meant dressing up pretty and getting all the gifts. But then I realized it also involves me leaving my family, my home, and my everything behind to go and live with another man. And trust me, I started hating this idea of marriage. Isn't it unfair? And if you don't think that it's unfair, then you can soon expect a divorce. Haha, got scared? Well, it was just a hint of what wild storm you are going to marry soon.

But don't worry, I am not going to ask you to leave your parents just because I had to. I am not going to snatch your family away from you. All I want is that you respect my sacrifice in this because one of us had to, and I did that.

Now let's move to married us, shall we? Let me clear one thing first. Marriage will change many things, but it won't change the fact that I will always have my own individual personality as well and my own space. If you want a girl who will say we are two bodies but one soul, one life, one this, one that, one blah, one blah more, then sorry you have found a wrong match. Swipe left, already. Yes, I know Tinder exists. And I know that you are on it too, telling girls that you will marry them. Stop that, already.

We are going to share things, of course, mostly, almost all of them. But sharing things with you doesn't mean you are allowed to judge me with some more of your assumptions because, at the same time, it shall always stay our own life too. I will be with you, in everything, but I want you to let me be when I want my space. I will stay loyal, of course, but I don't want to ask for your permission for whom to talk to and whom to meet. And I will give that freedom to you as well.

I have fought too hard to earn my own career choice. Trust me, I have gone through screams, fire, and hell. So please don't even think about asking me to give up all my hard work for your idea of gender roles after marriage. Seriously, don't expect me to do anything that you won't. Yes, I am a great cook. depending on my mood. So don't expect too much. Men make for great chefs, by the way. I hope you got the hint. And love won't mean sharing my favourite food, always. And I know karate, if you ever try to snatch away my food. It will make for quite a news "Wife beats the shit out of her husband for demanding the last slice of the pizza."

Of course, I am not marrying you for your money. I will earn enough of my own to live with self-respect. We all will be one big family, one people. But please never stop me from doing anything for my parents, my sister, I was born into that family, and they will stay my family till I die. And you don't need to take anyone's permission to do anything for your family. So, you will own my heart, yes, but not my bank account or wings.

And now comes the romantic part. Ahan? But no dirty talks! I want to marry for love. Yes, still, in this world of practical, business-deal like marriages, I still want to marry for love. I am an old-school girl who will do things to make you feel special, not with monetary things and gifts but something personalised and hand-crafted. I guess, you already got an idea for that in our last meeting! And more importantly, I want to stay married for love. I have a long list of friends who are there for me in happy and sad times and so I don't want us to live as friends after the spark fades off. I want the spark to stay sparkling until we die. I want you to take my soul which no one else could know about yet. I don't need a roommate. I need a lover, a partner, a soulmate. I have adjusted too much on too many things all my life. But I always promised myself that marriage will never be one of them. I want an old school romance. I want us to dance in the kitchen on our favourite old song on the radio even after we get old. I want us to go on romantic dinner dates even when we won't be able to walk properly. You get it? Yes, I want a romance that they write in novels.

Hmm, I guess it was too much for you to take in one letter. I know you are a little scared. And you should be. You will marry a lioness. So you better man up, my lovely, sweet lion. And yes, please do live a fun life. After all, you are a man. I am not asking you to become a monk. But, be a real man when it really matters. Live a life of such dignity that when you have a daughter, you can look into her eyes and feel no shame for anything. I want my husband to be a hero for my baby girl. Please be her hero. Please be my hero. Please be that son-in-law whom my parents will be proud of.

And yes, last but not least, my best friend will be my best friend for life, so you better like her. Otherwise, you won't look pretty lying dead with a slit throat in a pool of blood. Kidding, or am I? Haha, it's going to be so much fun with you. And yes, of course, I love you.

Only Yours Forever

Keep smiling and believe in yourself ðŸ˜Š

P.S.: When you have so much to say but can't find enough time to express, writing is the best choice to move forward. Well, I can only tell the things I can do for you and obviously, I do not expect the same from you. You can have your side of story and expectations from me. But at least you can respect the feelings I have for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment