Monday 18 June 2018

It's all about Her!

I met her on the second day of my college in the library. Everyone was introducing themselves and trying to be friendly with others. Next day we sat together in the class and from classmates, we turned to be benchmates. Days passed, and all of a sudden, without any prior information, the girl who was regular in classes was absent for a week. Yes, she started feeling homesickness and fall ill.

The girl who was excited about attending classes and obviously a studious one was actually missing her home. But she returned with even more energy and positivity to not let this feeling overcome her again. We attended fresher's party, and then came her first birthday. She brought the yummy cake made by Aunty. But there was no treat (you will come to know the reason for mentioning this).

Time slipped slowly and we gradually became good friends. Because she was living in a hostel, she started coming to my house. She easily got involved with the family, not just my parents, even with my relatives. Another birthday and only a cake from Aunty. This time we had a reason for not partying because of exams.

Then came a time when we just used to sit outside in gardens and click snaps, but dare anyone can click a good pic of her. The naughtiness and innocence in her eyes always played the game. Even the most sophisticated pic of her turned out to be "this is not good" of hers. Because her smile is so contagious, that it will spread across pics making them a funny one, rather than a serious person.

Slowly, from good friends, we turned out to be close friends that whenever she was at my place, she used to cook food and I was just standing there gossiping. I have a separate folder in my laptop of her name, having hundreds of her "not so good" pics. We had our share of girl's talks and night over. Another birthday of hers and completely closed off strike in the city (No party again).

We joined some classes and came out time of being Activa Partners! Meri Activa ki piche wali seat tumhara intezaar kar rahi hai. We covered miles of distance together. No matter it's a sunny day or a chilling winter morning during exams or out of nowhere rains. We have enjoyed our times of riding together. I remember once she forgot her admit card and we drove back 8kms on a kadkadati hui thand ki subah to her room and came back. Those were times when even this was an adventure and we enjoyed. Another birthday and finally we had an awesome birthday party.

But as happens, every phase of life has some memories which you wish if you can erase. Rather than being sad, I would say, she became my partner in an accident twice. There are a few habits which I didn't like about her initially, but she has changed a lot over time, except her bubbly nature and a sensitive heart. Obviously, I don't want her to change, never, no matter what the conditions are. That's her strength!

P.S.: We had more birthdays together, but that again goes with the same cases of no party!

I was not knowing that I can write so much about her, but I guess if I'll keep writing, this will turn out to be a complete book. Zipped to disclose more of her secrets!

Coming back to the present, she is getting married now and we don't live in the same cities anymore but I have already started missing her. And being bridesmaid, I am no less nervous than her for her wedding.

I only wish for her a happy future ahead and the best enjoyment of everything. And yup, don't even try to forget me, because with you it feels family! (I don't know if I ever said so)

 "Tu hai toh I'll be alright"

Keep smiling and believe in yourself 😊

3 comments:

  1. Wishing her a happy married life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my friends already, it was so out of heart. You are lucky to have such a friend and so is your friend.

    ReplyDelete